Dermatology Community
Bump in nostril
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bump in nostril

I have a bump on my inner nostril that I have noticed lately.  It doesn't hurt but I am concerned it might be something bad.  Any thoughts?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi.

Without pain or tenderness, this may not be something that you should be worried about. I suggest though that you still have an ENT consult done for this to be thoroughly assessed. Bumps in the nostrils may be acne or an infected follicle. Is this bump noted on the sides or is this something deeper that is not associated with the skin? An ENT examination may help. Although, a nasal polyp may not be likely your case, still it is best to have this excluded.

Do you have any history of allergies?

Any episodes of nasal congestion?
Blank
I am aware of it now with allergy season, cleaning my nose more and feeling it in there.  I have an appt. with an ENT June 14.  I am going on vacation next week and don't want this hanging over my head with worries, so if you think it isn't something to worry about then I wont.  The Dr. will see me in June.  Thank you.
Blank
It is in the side of the nostril.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979