Bump on face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bump on face

I have had a bump on my face right next to my nose for a week. I have cleaned the area, have put hot washcloth on it. It wont pop. What is this?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
An external examination is important for detecting the exact cause. This bump could be a whitehead or a blackhead. This usually results from over active sebaceous glands. A regular and thorough skin-care regimen is important. Use of a mild anti-bacterial soap may help. Wash face with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide to control whiteheads. Cysts and nodules in acne can cause hard painful bumps to develop beneath the skin. Bug bites, such as those caused by bees or spiders, can also result in facial bumps. Get it seen by a dermatologist. I hope it helps.
Take care and regards!