Bump on finger--herpetic whitlow, pimple or eczema?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

9664024?1384558530

I recently had a recurrent HSV1 genital outbreak and am concerned it could have spread to my index finger. I always wash my hands after handling any outbreaks. I have had HSV1 for over a year now, and I read auto-inoculation is not common after the primary outbreak correct? I do have eczema on my hands but not in the area the bump is. The bump on my finger is red, doesn't really hurt, doesn't sting or burn or itch. It is just one single, small bump and kinda feels like a pimple when I press on it, it feels sensitive. I have no other symptoms and it is on the base of my index finger of the left hand. I have attached a photo, can someone help me understand what this is? Can you get pimples on your finger?

Thanks in advance.
It can be pompholyx or herpetic whitlow. Apply some calamine lotion on the affected area and keep the area well moisturized. Use only thin applications of moisturizer ointments as excessive amounts of ointment may restrict breathing of the skin and aggravate the condition.

Topical steroids can be applied but they are available under prescription. Moreover to prevent infection, topical antibiotics or antivirals if it is herpetic whitlow may be needed. You should consult your dermatologist and get the diagnosis confirmed.