Bump on lip

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bump on lip

I have a small pimple-like bump on my lip, and I'm also pregnant.
My OB/GYN had already ruled out herpes, so I know for sure that it's not a cold sore.
It's been on my lip for about 2 months now, it started as a small little (not noticeable) bump, then got bigger, now it's slightly darker than the skin on my lip, raised up, but it's not red or ***** looking.
It's not red or exposed, it looks like whatever it is is under my skin. When I touch it it feels like there is a ball-like thing in my lip, I'm guessing some sort of sack filled with liquid. The bump does change stiffness with the temperature of food that I eat.
I've been applying medicated chap-stick, but all that seems to do is help my lips not dry out, it really hasn't had any affect on the bump itself.
Because of my insurance situation, I don't have a general doctor to visit, or a dermatologist, but I did ask the pharmacist at Target what he thought it was, he said maybe something viral? But because I'm pregnant he didn't really make many recommendations.

Could anyone tell me what they think it is? Something over-the-counter I could try? Or even some sort of home remedy?

the **** is supposed to be p u s s y, as in pus (the yellow or greenish fluid product of inflammation)
From the symptoms it sound slike pyogenic granuloma which is very common in pregnancy. Pyogenic granuloma commonly effects the oral mucosa and appears in the mouth as an overgrowth of tissue to due irritation, physical trauma or hormonal factors. Excision and cuatery may be needed to remove them. Please get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.