Dermatology Expert Forum
Bump on penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Bump on penis
I have a small bump on the rim of the head of my penis, under the skin. It has been there two years, once i began exercising and began wearing loose boxers....friction? It hasnt changed in size and is unnoticable except under close exam. It is mildly painful if loose underwear cause movement and friction. What should I do?
Gary:

Not much.  Cysts and suchlike bumps are common on the penis and scrotum.  Next time you have a physical exam, show your doctor, just for peace of mind, but it's most unlikely that you'll ever have or want to do anything about it.

best.

Dr. R
i got bumps on the bottom of my peis with little hair what does that mean
My boyfriend has a bump on his penis.  It's near the head.  About a little less than an inch long.  It doesn't bother him much.  Only if something rubs against it roughly.  It's flesh colored.  It's only been there for about a week or two.  He's fine with leaving it alone but I've talked him into seeing a doctor.  But I'm still wondering what you may think it is.
I have 5 small bumps on the shaft of my penis. there are 4 on one side and one on the other. They dont pain dont look sore but they also wont go away. They have been there for about 8 mts and dont appear to be getting any larger. I have the same partner for about 5 years so I dont think they are sexually transmitted.
In response to the initial posted enquiry, what you are probably looking at is the corona.  There are two *very* small hard-ish bumps which are sensitive to touch.  If it's what I am thinking of, they are part of your regular anatomy, and shouldn't be worried about.

They are so difficult to locate, you probably just never noticed them before.
A related discussion, bump on shaft of penis was started.
A related discussion, Hard bump under skin of penis on shaft was started.