Dermatology Expert Forum
Bump on scrotum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Bump on scrotum

Hello Dr. Rockoff. I have another question for you.

Yesterday I felt a bump on the very lower part of my scrotum. It was not there the day before. It felt like a pimple. It is located so that I can't see this area very well. I looked at the area as best as I could and the skin appeared normal. I just had this bump (lump) under the skin. (it felt like a large zit).

It also did not hurt. Well stupidly I squeezed it as hard as I could and made it bleed. It actually also tore some of the skin in the area near it.

I have squeezed it a few more times since then thinking it might "pop" like a zit, but it has just bled.

15 minutes ago I squeezed it once more, and a tiny bit of puss came out. It was such a small amount I could barely see it.  

Now the whole area near this bump looks like a bloody mess. I have squeezed it so much that I have broken the skin and made the whole area around it bleed and there is also a lot of blood that has come to the surface of the skin.

When I now look at it, it looks like a gross bloody mess. I just put some Neosporin on it. This Neosporin contains Bacitracin Zinc.

I hope that this was just a pimple and that I have made it worse by my constant squeezing.  

Stupidly I had a woman put the head of my penis in her mouth for 5 seconds 95 days prior to this bump appearing.

My concern is Syphilis or some other STD. From what I have read about Syphilis the sore should appear at the point of entry.

Well since her mouth was on my glans (glands) and not my scrotum I hope that this is not syphilis. I also read that symptoms should appear before 90 days. Well this was on the 95th day.

What do you think this place is? A pimple.   Also what do you think I should do now to make it heal?  

I am going to stop squeezing it.

What do you think this is and do you think I have aggravated it by this constant picking and squeezing?

I only want Dr. Rockoff to respond.  His opinion is the only one I value.
I think it's a pimple.  Squeezing it won't produce any damage.  Just leave it alone, apply bacitracin, and it will subside.  The fact that it came on suddenly means it could hardly be anything else.

As to the episode 95 days ago, I don't think you need to worry.  Next time you see your doctor, ask for a syphilis test.  That will enable you to forget the whole thing and move on.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
One more thing Dr. Rockoff. It has only been 24 hours since this thing first appeared, and it also appeared rather quickly. I know it was not there 12 hours prior to my finding it.

I just wanted you to know this so you can help me determine what this is.
Dr. Rockoff,

I need to update you on this situation. Bump originally appeared Sunday afternoon.

It is now Wednesday morning 7:00 AM.  The bump itself seems to be smaller. I does not feel as "bumpy".

What has me scared is the fact that the bump is white. The skin around it is gone. NOW this may be due to the fact that I squeezed, picked, and scrapped it on Sunday and Monday.

I looked at images of syphilis and I am scared to death this could be it. In the center of the white bump it looks like a blown out volcano. It looks there should be a hair there, but I don't see one.

What should I do. Since Monday night I haven't been putting anything on it. I powder myself with corn starch. When ever I look the corn starch will be lumped on top of this area. It is like it is moist.

Do you think this is syphilis or herpes or any STD.  

Like I mentioned before it is located at the very bottom of my scrotum not far from my leg. It takes a lot of stretching and neck bending just to see this place.

I thought that the syphilis sore would be on my penis.

Please give me your valued opinion.
I still don't think it's syphilis.  But if you're
scared, show a doctor ASAP.  Being worried isn't doing you any good.

Dr. Rockoff
I have found that I have a bump at the bottom of my scrotum right in the middle of my right thigh and bottom of scrotum sack.  It has gotten a little bigger over the last couple of days and causes a little discomfort with walking.  I thought it could be testicular cancer but it isn't on my testicles at all.  I keep wondering if maybe it could be a pimple but there aren't any kind of white heads or anything, just a lump a little smaller than the size of baby corn.  Can you help me?  I am very scared!
I am 19 years old, and I am a virgin, when I was going through puberty, I noticed bumps starting to grow around my penis and scrotum and lip.  I have identified that the ones on my penis, and possibly my lip, I identified it as Fordyce's Spots, but the ones on the scrotum seem a tad bit different, they are a little bit bigger and closer together, they sometimes are merged together, they are white bumps, and there are hundreds on my penis, scrotum and lip, is there any way to treat it?  Are the bumps on my scrotum Fordyce Spots? I just don't know for sure if it too are Fordyce's Spots, I read Accutane might cure it, but I also have Cerebral Palsy, so I am not sure if it safe for me to take it.  Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
A related discussion, lump? was started.
A related discussion, pimples on scrotum was started.
A related discussion, This thing is bustin my balls! was started.
I have one bump on my scrotum that looks like a pimple. I popped it and some white stuff came out. Could this be herpes?  I received oral a couple of weeks ago and then it appeared. I have no other symptoms.
I am 25 years old and I am very active in sports. I know I sweat alot in my groin area and sometimes when busy I don't shower right away. I have noticed in the last 3-4 months the area between the ball sack and thigh have been itchy. More itchy then normal that is.  It doesn't bother me until recently one night I was scratching that area and then I suddenly felt Like scratching my ball sack as well. The next day I noticed I had multiple bumps on that same area I scratched. About 8 to be exact and they are about a few mm big.  They have a small black dot in the middle and when I picked at it,  it came off. I can see pink flesh in it.  I have no clue what the hell this is. Please help. Also I have only been sexually active with one person for 4 years and just 2 months ago I had unprotected dry humping but not intercourse with another person.