Dermatology Expert Forum
Bumps Under Skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Bumps Under Skin
I have a small bump on my chest (under the skin) which looks like a pimple -- it won't pop though -- it's not painful or itchy. If you stretch the skin around it, you can see that it's almost grayish in color. It's been there for about a month. I think had something similar on the back of my neck not too long ago, which went away after a month or two. I don't know if this is related, but I've also had some little bumps on my face that actually start off as pimples and do pop, but remain a small bump for several weeks before it goes away. What could this be? A cyst of some sort? Thank you in advance for your response.
Michelle:

Cysts can look like what you describe, but they don't come and go.  Most likely, the ones on the face are blocked pores.  it's best not to squeeze these, as they take longer to heal, and go away on their own if you leave them alone.  If you get them often, you might want to consult a dermatologist about prevention.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff