Bumps and irritation

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bumps and irritation

I have had red bumps on the back of my arms for years. In the past year or so, I now have what appears to be a rash or extension of the bumps on my sides just underneath my arms. In addition to this, my back now has red spots on it and it itches viciously at times. I am curious about all of these problems and the possible solutions.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene . Wear lose comfortable clothes. Wash all your linen and towels etc with a disinfectant solution.

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

Wear lose comfortable clothes, apply vaseline lotion.

Let us know if you need any further information.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for the symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.
By washing the areas with fresh water and without cosmetics...do you mean I should not use soap as well on the areas? And what kind of disinfectant for towels and linens?