Dermatology Expert Forum
Bumps between the legs

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Bumps between the legs

My wife has a series of bumps that have formed between her legs. Sometimes they pop and excrete pus and blood. I think it is an infection in the pore and the hair follicle is not coming out causing infection. It leaves scars and is darkening the skin between her legs. What can be done to clear up the bumps? How can this be prevented? Can the darkness be cleared up? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sometimes she is in great pain and can barely walk due to these "bumpies".
Folliculitis ("blocked pores") often affects the groin.  Preventing this is difficult.  If she pops and squeezes the lesions, she ought to stop.  If they are painful as you describe, she ought to consult a dermatologist, who can evaluate the condition.  Potential remedies include antibacterial cleansing and antibiotic creams and tablets (for short periods.)  Folliculitis is not contagious.  Once it is inactive, the pigmentation it causes gradualyy subsides.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
I also have this..Mainly on my lower abdomen and The crease of my thighs and groing area..It has left nasty dark scars..Is there anything I can do?
A related discussion, Red Pumps on inner thigh and near butt was started.