Bumps from plucking eyebrows?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bumps from plucking eyebrows?

I get tiny bumps after I pluck (or maybe they are there from other times I have plucked). Regardless, I always have some of these unsightly bumps. Some here have recommended muciporin...is that a good solution? Are these bumps being caused by bacterial infections? What I usually do is I clean the tweezer with alcohol, then I apply warm water to the region, pluck, and then use exfoliating cream. Is my routine going to prevent any more of these little bumps, or am I going to have to do something else? If so, what else would I have to do?
  • please help (1 replies):
    i have bumps in my head> red umm started with 2 bumps ...[more]
  • bump (1 replies):
    I have a bump on my bikini line. I pop it and blood came...[more]
  • Red Bump (1 replies):
    Okay 2 days ago I noticed a small red bump on the the to...[more]
  • skin problems (1 replies):
    I have tiny red bumps that are on my legs,face, and arms...[more]
  • Red Bump (1 replies):
    I noticed a red bump in my pubic region it is a single b...[more]
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough,but it sounds like folliculitis.

Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph).

Pls keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed.Pls consult a dermatologist in that case.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how  you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

Thank you for the answer. I looked up folliculitis and it seems unlikely that I have this because the bumps from folliculitis seem much more pronounced than the ones I have, and tend to be either red or black. What I have are tiny little bumps, which are really only noticeable upon close scrutiny, and they are the same color of my skin. For example, right under this lady's eyebrow you can notice that the texture of the skin is not entirely consistent:

http://wiki.bmezine.com/images/thumb/a/a1/HorizontalEyebrow.jpg/180px-HorizontalEyebrow.jpg

I basically have the same problem.
The eyebrows’ hair follicles are injured during plucking and the small skin colored bumps are a result of this only.Try the treatment which I have described and also apply cold compresses on the bumps after plucking the eyebrows.Then apply calamine lotion on the bumps.If the symptoms persist then apply the antibiotics creams that I have mentioned.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.