Dermatology Expert Forum
Bumps in Groin
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Bumps in Groin

Hi Dr-

Today, I noticed two, what looked like, skin tags in the left groin area, they were very small had the typical flap like structure. Then I noticed, what seem to be 2 bumps in the upper right groin area, in close proximity to the pubic area, however, situated in the groin flap. Bump #1 is larger (larger than a follicle), and it is flesh colored, it has a "hair" coming out of it, and I can also look through the bump and see a shadow of the hair's root within it. However, it does overlap the hair, so it looks like its siting on the hair, and the hair is coming out the side of the bump. In the past, I've noticed some hair follicles on the bottom of my scrotum also have a similar type of structure, where it overlaps the hair. Bump #2, also flesh colored, looks like its a perfectly defined, symmetrical small, but hard bump, very small, than once I release the skin, its very difficult to notice it. Its  more prominent when the skin is stretched. Both bumps are smooth.

Although you can not visually see it, I would appreciate your opinion. What are the possibilities?

Thanks in advance.
Tags: groin, bumps