Bumps in armpit

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bumps in armpit

I have bumps underneath my armpits. It started on the right one and was very painful and kept getting bigger. I don't think it is from shaving. It started spreading from the right side to the left side and now the left armpit hurts like crazy! Today, the right side had little white bumps that i popped and they kind of oozed. The right one also has a lump in it, at least pea sized. The left side feels very hard..but not a lump like the right side has. It looks like rashes on both arms but i'm just not sure with the way the lumps are present. Please help!
From the symptoms it looks like boils. The other possibilities are swollen lymph nodes or hidradenitis suppurativa. Please keep the area clean and apply some warm compresses and topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.

If still the lumps persist then specific treatment like antibiotics, vit A supplements, corticosteroid injections, isotretinoin, antiandrogens and sometimes excision and drainage ,laser therapy and radiotherapy are found useful. I feel that you should consult a dermatologist and discuss these options with him.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers