Dermatology Expert Forum
Bumps in mouth....HPV?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bumps in mouth....HPV?

I had unprotected vaginal/oral sex with a guy who had a small bump and a smaller bump next to it on his penis, went ahead and had sex anyways unfortun. Anyways 3-4 mo, maybe sooner, maybe later, can't remember, I have had little bumps appear in my mouth in various spots. I have very tiny white bumps on my bottom, front, lower gums. Some are there now, some have gone.  On one incident, I believe before menstruation, I had several whitish, bigger bumps appear on my inner bottom left gum next to the molars that lasted for around a couple weeks. Maybe less. Now, they are gone but there is a small flesh colored bump where they were that I can feel with my tongue. Also, more recently (2 weeks ago is when I noticed it) on my inner bottom lip, I noticed a flesh colored bump (felt w tongue). It grew, then at about a week a couple days, started to shrink. By the time I made it to the gyno, he told me that it wasn't a wart, but a mucus membrane filling and emptying. Now, however, it is very small, and when I stretch my lip, it doesn't look like those other smooth, flesh colored mucus membranes, but it has a tiny, whiter appearance. Not really white, but more white. And, it looks more uneven, but it's almost non-existent now, so, hard to tell. I have also had vaginal itching and burning (gets worse @ menstruation) that is not due to bv, yeast, or any other STD's that they test for. I'm trying to figure out what is the cause. My gyno said I have no warts there, near the vulva where the itching/burning is taking place, and that he can't explain the itching/burning. I was told that oral warts are very rare, and that they don't come and go as I describe, but then I also can't find another possible explanation for the bumps. They are painless, btw. And, can't genital warts cause itching and burning w/o warts present? I was told that a gyno can easily diagnose warts visually, but then I've read that some warts can be so small that they have to use a solution to make them noticeable.