Bumps inside lower lip??
Doctor, I have for the past 2 months (at least) or have had a clear bump on my lower lip (inside mouth) that occasionally fills with clear liquid and can be popped.  There are also smaller bumps inside my lower lip (1 mm or less) that sometimes also have this clear liquid.  I don't think it is herpes because they have been there for at least 2 months now.  There is also no redness associated with them and no pain whatsoever.  The liquid that comes out seems to be mucus from my lips as it is clear and somewhat sticky, as it can create a strand of a couple inches between my finger sometimes before breaking.  I've read about mucus retention cysts before, I was thinking those were a possibility...however the biggest of the bumps is very small itself, 2mm at the absolute biggest.  Thank you.
Without examination, it is difficult to confirm a diagnosis, but from your description it looks like a mucocele. It is a rubbery, bubble like painless swelling. It is usually inside the lower lip, under the tongue or the inside of mouth and caused mainly by biting the lips or trauma during eating of food.

Usually it goes away on its own. But if it does not, then corticosteroid injections and surgical removal by scalpel or laser are done by a dermatologist. It then has to be differentiated from other mucocutaneous lesions also.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

Thank you.  Is there anything that would explain the other, smaller bumps on my lower lip.  Like I said, no redness or pain whatsoever, and they are extremely small, but sometimes mucous comes out of them too, almost as if they were pores in my lips as opposed to bumps.  Thanks.

Thank you for the response to poofballz.  I have a question on a similar issue.  I noticed a sublingual cyst-like growth today and it popped.  I'm pretty sure this has happened in the past but I did not look at it.  Today I saw it and it was about 3 mm, round, and clear before it popped.  

Should I have it evaluated for cancer?  I have had an elevated sedimentation rate for reasons my doctor can not determine, and I did even have a PET/CT done that showed active FDG uptake in the neck and oropharyngeal region.  Is it too late to evaluate because it popped?  What kind of specialist should I see?  My family doctor is not good at all at referrals so I will have to track someone down myself.  Or are these things totally common and benign unless they have certain obvious signs of malignancy?

Thanks so much for your time.
Wondering1719