Bumps on Child's Elbow
Hi.  I am at wits end trying to figure out what my 5 year-old son has on his elbows.

In September, while running on the playground, my son fell.  As I checked him over, I noticed some tiny little bumps on his elbows.  I don't think he actually fell on his elbows.  A few weeks later, I checked again (no symptoms at all) and did not see them.  They had been the same color as his skin and no larger than a pimple, with a smooth surface.

Just the other night while changing clothes, I noticed both elbows have much larger and numerous pink bumps  (4 on one elbow, and approximately 8-9 on the other).  These are fairly smooth, round, almost blister-like but more solid bumps.  They are still not bothering him.  

Around the same time, he also developed a circular rash on his hip that looked like ringworm, but never scaled or itched and did not respond to ringworm treatments.  It sort of faded and spread out, a red ring with a clear center, almost completely flat.  I suspect granuloma annulare, and would maybe think the same of his elbows - except that the bumps are not in a circular pattern and seem somewhat more raised than what I find online.

We're currently on a wheat elimination diet with him to see if this is allergy-related.  I have attached a photo of the rash at his hip, but cannot get a good one of the elbow.

Thank you in advance!
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be hives, welts, erthema multiforme, pityriasis rosea etc. Apply calamine lotion and take some oral antihistaminic like Benadryl for the itching. If the symptoms persist then please get an evaluation done from a dermatologist and get all these conditions ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.