Bumps on Nose

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bumps on Nose

5336292?1265167723
For the past 1.5 years I have had a couple of little red bumps on my nose that refuse to go away (one on the tip and one on the nostril). In the last few months more bumps have begun to form that will not go away. They are not as red but are rather unsightly in the right light.

One doctor prescribed Benzaclin and another doctor referred me to a dermatologist. After scheduling an appointment with a dermatologist and waiting over three months I ended up seeing a PAC and not an actual dermatologist (if that matters).

Unfortunately I lost the notes I had from the visit but she said I had Sebaceous something or the other. She said there wasn't really anything I could do to clear it up. She gave me a Tretinoin prescription for acne in general. That definitely seems to help with my complexion but not with the spot on my nose.

So I guess I have a few questions:

1.) Is there anything I can do to clear up my nose. I've attached pictures if that helps at all.
2.) Will an actual dermatologist be able to tell me anything more? I waited three months for an appointment and didn't find out I wasn't seeing a dermatologist until I got to the office. Is that a routine practice with a dermatology department?

Thanks,
M
It looks like sebaceous cysts. A sebaceous cyst is a closed sac occurring just under the skin which contains a "pasty" or "cheesy" looking substance called keratin. They may occur anywhere on body but scalp, ears, back, face, and upper arm, are common sites for sebaceous cysts.

Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected, then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

i have red bump that hurt on my nose that wont go a way  i seen a dermatologist and they still wont go away text me back at 678/760/1539 if u have a answer thanks