Bumps on legs and arms

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bumps on legs and arms

For about 6 years I have had constant bumps on my arms and legs. Some are ingrown hairs, others are more like pimples or clogged pores. A few areas are worse than others, but all are fairly bad. I have tried exfoliating and moisturizing regularly (I use Aveeno typically), but nothing seems to work. I do have mildly dry skin, but as I said, I moisturize fairly regularly and strangely do not have any significant problems with acne on my face. I was wondering what the cause of this is and how I might go about getting rid of this problem. Thank you.
Tags: bumps, Acne, legs, arms, Skin
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This could also be Keratosis pilaris, a very common condition in which there are numerous rough follicular spots, and most often arise on the arms and thighs. It tends to be more severe during the winter months or other times of low humidity when skin dries out. Because it is a genetic disorder, no cure is available.  Regular cleansing and moisturizing may help. Some use laser treatment to reduce the redness temporarily.  I recommend that you have this evaluated further by a dermatologist for proper management. Treatment will depend on the underlying cause.

Take care and keep us posted.
I have spots around the back of my calves,at the skin between my knucles, at my peck area,and at the back bone area, that itch down to the bone when touched. These areas come and go, But stay dormaint under the surface, When I push hard on these areas I can feel them deep under the skin..I've used posion  ivy meds that did not work. benadryl cream that did not work,Calamine lotion that did not work.However, The old lady said, you've got a fungus, use this Clotrimazole and Betamethasone Dipropionate  lotion, These chemicals are together in 30ml bottle.When these very small spots rise to the surface of the skin and itch, I use this lotion to send them below the skin.I've had poison ivy, poison oak, poison sumac, none of which that itch to the bone !  Help Thanks.