Dermatology Expert Forum
Bumps on lower abdomen/pubic area
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Bumps on lower abdomen/pubic area

Doc,
About 6 months ago I noticed a few pearly bumps right under my bellybutton sort of at my underwear line. I first thought it was folliculitis, and I left it alone. I figured it would eventually go away. After a while, I became worried that I had maybe contracted an STD, but the only person I am sexually active with is my girlfriend who has been tested severaly times for STDs and has tested negative for everything. Recently, the bumps have moved downward into my pubic area and a little onto the base of my penis and my inner thighs. I think it might be molluscum, so I've been treating the bumps with salycilic acid by means of acne pads. The acne pads usually help to get the bumps to subside a little bit, but they never totally disappear. I havent tried to pop the bumps, but they don't hurt and rarely itch. Now the ones in my pubic area are a little more inflamed and red and they look as if they have a head just like a pimple. Most of the other bumps under my bellybutton are much smaller. I don't think it is herpes or warts because the bumps/pimples have always been there for the last 6 months or so, there havent been any outbreaks like herpes would have. Right now I am where I can't get to my normal doctor so I was wondering whether or not this is very serious. Is this molluscum? Thanks alot for this service.