Dermatology Expert Forum
Bumps on penis - self-inflicted

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Bumps on penis - self-inflicted

I had an 'accident' nearly 3 years ago which has left me with an unsightly 'spotted penis'. Basically, I masturbated in the shower using soap (bad idea), then rinsed off the soap under the shower head. As soon as I put my penis under the shower a large number of blisters appeared on the shaft of my penis. By the next day the swellings had gone down but left small bumps in their wake, which have been there ever since. They around 1mm in diameter. Their appearance varies from skin-colored to white. They are not spreading and don
Your story as told does not make sense.  Masturbation followed by soap and moisture cannot produce "blisters."  I suspect that what you're describing are cysts that were always there but you only noticed after the incident, which you assumed was traumatic.

Whether my speculation is right or not, you need to show this to a doctor for definitive diagnosis.  You can't let these spots stand in the way of your mental health and your chances of establishing relationships.  I am confident that if you ask, you won't get bad news.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
I also have a very similar situation

I don't exactly know how or what caused me to have these very similar, almost pimple like, little bumps on the end of my penis.

There are like 5, and they are all around the same area.  There is 1 that never goes away, no matter what I do.  The others sometimes go away if I put bleach on them.  I have tried everything from Aldara, to Condisil Gel.  Nothing works.  The best results have come with the bleach, but the bumps are gone for only a day at the most.  Then they come right back.

They look exactly like a little white head pimple

my GF and I have been sexually active for a few years and she hasn't/doesn't get any problems from it or anything that I am aware of

I've got mixed opionions from doctors
some say no worries they are normal, others say they are warts

are these damgerous?
how can I get rid of them?
can anyone help?
Well I know that mine appeared after an excessive bout of 'self-love' (which makes them harder to accept).

There are about 20 on the underside of my penis and 10 or so on the top. They are raised to the touch and some are paler than others.

They look not disimilar to these Fordyce spots
http://www.the-penis.com/images/whitespots.jpg
- but more spread out.

What's annoying is that sometimes they aren't all that visible and other times they stand out like a sore thumb.

They don't cause me any problems in terms of itching or pain. I'm fairly certain they ARE getting better but it seems to be taking for ever.

Can anything be feasibly done to reduce their appearance?
A related discussion, Prostate issue - I think was started.