Dermatology Expert Forum
Bumps on penis and head

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Bumps on penis and head

I have these bumps covering my shaft and penis head.  From pictures it looks like Fordyce spots - I have them for a looong time.  That doesn't concern me as much as how the head of my penis looks when I "flex" it.  It just does not look right.  I have had unprotected sex with my girlfriend of 2 years..

Thanks for posting your query.

I can understand your concern but the bumps on penis can be due to Fordyce spots. They are visible sebaceous glands that are small, painless, raised, pale or white spots or bumps 1 to 3 mm in diameter that may appear on the shaft of the penis. The spots are a form of ectopic sebaceous gland, and are not known to be associated with any disease or illness and are of cosmetic concern only.

They are non-infectious and a natural occurrence on the body. They become more pronounced in young men and are more visible when the skin is stretched, and may only be noticeable during an erection. There is nothing to worry about them and no treatment is required for them.
Other than that, if they start growing, multiplying or become big then molluscum and genital warts should be ruled out.

You have not mentioned the symptoms that you are having on the head of the penis. Please elaborate the symptoms and the description in detail so that I can help you in a better way by writing about the differentials which can cause the symptoms.

Mention about the color, size, shape, associated symptoms like pain, itching, discharge etc if there is any.

Hope that this information helps in relieving your stress. Please do write back with additional information so that I can get back to you.

Wishing you good health.

Thank you for the help

Could you take a look at my pictures quickly to confirm?

Thanks again
I had got some white spots over my penis glance over a yr ago .i contacted a dermatologist and it went away after treatment.again it has resurfaced and after medication it is improving.but this time I have also got some spots over my penis skin.do I need to worry. Is it an STD.there is no itching but nos are increasing of the spots over penis skin.please guide should I get my treatment from dermatologist or seek another doctor . Kindly suggest.