Bumps spreaded all over my body quickly

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bumps spreaded all over my body quickly

Just about 3 days ago I had a small amount of bumps appear on my hand and back. The following day it began to spread like crazy. Today it is all over my body. I went to the doctor's yesterday and he game me an antibody shot, and put me on Cephalexin (500mg) and Mupirocin ointment. It looks exactly the same as yesterday, but I think my stomach and back has gone down. I was wanting to know what it was? (Docter said it may have been an infection) They can be itchy at times, but not always.
Tags: bumps, body, Itchy, not itchy, awnser, soon, help, Thank you, covering body
Such a rash can be due to viral rashes or hives. Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.

Many cases of hives are "idiopathic," meaning no cause is known. Others may be triggered by viral infections or medications.
So check out the medications, clothes or toiletries that you are using as these may be triggering the hives.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I want start by saying thank you for your time and effort. Also, I believe you are right about the hives. The doctor prescribed me Cephalexin (500mg Tabs)
and Mupirocin 2% (22g) and I am currently recovering ( I think.)
Once again, Thank you!