Bumpy, Red Itchy Rash on Thumb

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bumpy, Red Itchy Rash on Thumb

I have had these bumps appear and disappear for about 2 years now. They started around my cuticle and have now disappeared there and moved down my thumb and around it. They pop up and don't change color just look like a bump or pimple like bump under my skin. For the longest time I would clip them with nail clippers, they would heal and go away and then reappear a few weeks later.

Since they had come and gone for years I finally saw a dermatologist and they treated it but it didn't go away it just spread lower on my finger. I told her they keep popping up and its still itchy and every time I go she just switches creams. She started with Cloderm then switched me to Vanos and now gave me Tetrix. The Tetrix has probably been the best so far as I see them starting to heal yet still everyday more pop up. I look like I have an ugly fungus on my hand and I keep trying to hide it in public because people keep asking what it is. As long as I put the Tetrix on like 80 times a day I have no itching, otherwise it itches bad and then it gets really red and irritated and more pop up.

Could someone please tell me what they think this is and why this doctor has just switched creams 3 times? When I ask her what it is she tells me I don't know it has to heal more then the next time says I think it's Eczema, the next visit she says its warts, then says it can't be warts. Please just someone help me.
Thanks.