Bumpy Rash On Left Side Of Abdomen

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bumpy Rash On Left Side Of Abdomen

2394994?1201042622
I was sitting on my sisters couch about 4 days ago and I stood up and noticed my side started to itch. So I itched it thinking nothing about it. The next morning after gettin out of the shower I noticed a half dollar size red circullar rash type thing. It doesn't itch or anything. It has a mole dead center of it. The mole is a a light reddish color. It has little bumps all in it as well. My skin on my left lower back is sensitive to the touch as well as the skin on my abdomen to the right of it.

I was wondering maybe because my sister has a dog in her house as well as a lizard. They don't keep a very clean house. I picked up there dog a couple of times petting it and stough. Just wondering if that had anything to do with it. Thanks.
It looks like a bite and you seem to be having a slight allergic reaction to it. Did you take an anithistamine like benadryl or claritin?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

I suggest you seek consult with your primary physician for a baseline assessment. This  looks like an insect bite.A visit with your physician will help confirm this.

Meanwhile , apply cold compress over the area to relieve the itchiness and the swelling. Do not scratch the area since this may injure the skin .Discuss with your physician regarding OTC antihistamines and OTC steroid creams that may help alleviate the itchiness and tenderness. Watch out for any fever,joint pains or any changes in the appearance of the spot.

I hope this helps.Good Luck!

What may look like a bite there in the middle is actually a mole. I also have had no itchiness or pain in the area. Just some skin pain to the left and right of the area.
Well yestereday the doc said it was shingles. Feel better I know what it is but scared of what this might do. Could be worse I guess.