Bumpy Rash on Stomach

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bumpy Rash on Stomach

For about a month now, I've had a rash just under my right breast and on my stomach. It is a small area of red bumps, and can be quite tender to touch, and the skin underneath is a little pink too. It is only itchy when I have been sweating and the moisture irritates it. It's also making it difficult to wear a bra for prolonged periods of time as this also irritates the skin.

I have tried a few medications for things such as sweat rash and an anti bacterial cream but neither have done anything to clear it up.

Any idea's what it could be?
From the symptoms it looks like intertrigo. An intertrigo is an inflammation (rash) of the body folds. It most commonly occurs due to bacterial, viral or fungal infection. An intertrigo usually appears red and raw-looking, and may also itch, ooze, and be sore.

Please keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical zinc oxide cream like Sudocrem, Desitin are very helpful(apply with a paper towel and not directly with hands).Application of mild steroid cream like dermacort also helps. For the itching please take some over the counter antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin. In case the symptoms persist then antifungals may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.