Bumpy Spotty Rash around my mouth

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bumpy Spotty Rash around my mouth

Hi there,

Im really in need of help here....For the past 6-7 months I have developed a rash around my mouth. It started of scaly and dry, like eczema but now it has turned in to spots, like little water spots. Its now spreading from around my mouths to my cheeks. Ive been to the doctors and they have prescribed a Steroid cream, however it only quietens it down and does not take it away completely.

Just to add, Ive suffered from psoriasis for the past 21 years, and ive never had anything like this before. Im pregnant and have high blood pressure also, would this have anything to do with it??
Without examination confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be perioral dermatitis or eczema.P typically affects the nasolabial folds, perioral area or perioccular area. It usually affects women between the ages of 20 and 45.

Eczema is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema. Allergic reaction can occur to strong soaps, Solvents, chemicals, certain foods, food additives, plants, metals, cosmetics, even urine and faeces of some animals (dust mites).

See the treatment modalities for both are different and so it is better to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.Till then wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted if you have any additional queries

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers