Bumpy rash on face, chest, spreading.
I've developed a bumpy rash. It started on my face (to the sides of my chin) and has spread to other parts of my face, my neck, upper chest, and now there's a patch on my arm. It isn't red, is not terribly visible, and is only slightly itchy. But it's getting worse. No fever or other symptoms of illness. I've stopped using my face wash and astringent, as well as makeup, and just started taking Benadryl. Any ideas?

It could be eczema, sweat dermatitis, allergic reactions or due to insect bites.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone or desonide), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Moisturizing is one of the most important self-care treatments for sufferers of eczema. Keeping the affected area moistened can promote skin healing and relief of symptoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eczema

Let us know if you need any further information.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.