Bumpy skin on face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bumpy skin on face

After using a particularly harsh range of skin care products, the skin on my face is now covered in small bumps.  They appear to be under the surface of my skin.  They do not itch but are very very unsightly.  My condition looks better first thing in the morning but the appearance looks worse as the day progresses as my skin appears to get greasier as the day goes on.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it sounds like irritant contact dermatitis. Irritant dermatitis, the most common type of contact dermatitis, involves inflammation resulting from contact with acids, alkaline materials such as soaps and detergents, cosmetics, or other chemicals.

Avoid using any lotions and creams over the face for the meantime. Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves.If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort.

If the symptoms persist then pls get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Warm regards.
Thank you so much for replying to my question regarding my skin problem.

My doctor has referred me to a dermatologist and my appointment is at the end of May.  However, in the meantime I will definately be trying the Cetaphil cleanser that you recommended.  I have never heard of it before so I checked it out on the UK website and it sounds like it will be a really good product for me to use until I can get to see the dermatologist.   The only Cetaphil product available here in the UK is called Cetaphil Non Irritating Cleanser.  Thank you so much for recommending it to me and for taking the time to reply to my question.

With very best wishes
Larissa