Burn Like rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Burn Like rash

About 10 years ago I developed a small rash at the base of my neck. It looked like I had been burned, bright red, splotchy red rash. I went to the dr. where they did a biopsy and said it appeared I had a reaction to a medicine and that was what had caused my rash. It never went away. I noticed a few months ago that I now have the same red burn like rash stretched over the left side of my neck as well as the original from 10 yrs ago which is slightly more spread out. It doesn't hurt, itch etc. It is flat visibly but feels rough to the touch, I use spf 60 with mexoryl and anti-redness creams that do help slightly. I have a pretty fair complexion. What do I do? I am going to go see a dr. but I am curious.. What in the world could cause this? I have even fasted for a few days to eliminate allergies and have taken benedryl, tried hydrocortisone.. Is this dangerous?