Burn Scars

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Burn Scars

What's a good thing to use for burn scars?
I have found that vitamin B5 taken consistently and in large doses reduces scar tissue. I have had a long deep scar on my thumb for 40 years. After one year with B5 it is almost gone. I was taking the B5 for another purpose. I saw the scar disappearing and investigated to see if B5 was responsible. B5 is recommended for scarring. Topically you might want to use A & D cream or vitamin E cream.
One medicine which has been advised by many dermatologists for scar diminishing of burns is contractubex gel/cream. You can seek your dermatologist/surgeon’s opinion before using this cream. Otherwise you can go in for glycolic peals, laser treatments and pressure dressings. Severe scarring may need skin grafting by a plastic surgeon.

You can consult a plastic surgeon/dermatologist about these options and find out which one works the best for you.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.