Burning, itchy and bumpy eyelids

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Burning, itchy and bumpy eyelids

About a two weeks ago i scratched my eye and i made bumps on it. I don't wear make up my skin is sensitive a couple of days ago i put cover up on my eyes and now they are so itchy and burning and the bumps i had are irratatied and more worse and the other eye is so itchy. Is there anyway to help it. I also had 6 months ago that my hair had white scabs but they say it was cradle cap but it went away sometimes i feel itchy but i put some scalp cream on my head and i use shampoo.  But my eyes are bothering me know.  Even got pimples too. Is there anyway i can relief my eyes. Thank you.
Tags: eyelid
Your symptoms are suggestive of blepharitis. It produces flaky debris at the bases of the eyelashes and hence inflamed and itchy eyelids. Yours is infact seborrheic blepharitis. This type typically causes the eyelids to become red and produces waxy scales to build up on the eyelashes, causing the eyes to itch. The scales initially develop due to an abnormal amount and type of tear film being produced by the glands of the eyelids. The best treatment is maintaining hygience by washing with warm water and if the symptoms persist then please get an evaluation done from an ophthalmologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.