Burning, itchy and stinging spots on skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

My younger sister (aged 8) has spots all over her back and on the back of her legs. She said it really burns, stings and is very itchy. At the moment we are in brasil and i was thinking it might have something to do with mosquitos or an infection from one of the mosquito bites. Please help because she cant stand it any longer.

thank you
Such kind of itchy bumps can be due to contact dermatitis, viral infection or insect bites. Viral infections are usually accompanied by a rash and fever. I sincerely suggest you to get it evaluated from a pediatrician as treatment is diagnosis specific.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.