Burning Skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Burning Skin

For the past few weeks I've had a burning sensation whenever the skin on the underside of my arm between my armpit and elbow is touched spanning the entire length.  There is NO visual indication of irritation or rash of any kind.  The skin looks completely notmal, just hurts to touch...feels like a rug burn!    

Since this started, I've tried different brands of deoderant and laundry detergent but it has not resolved the problem.  

Today, I have the same sensation on the top of my right thigh over about a 6 inch area.  

I'm really stumped especially since there is no visual sign of a skin problem...just the feeling.
Did you ever get this resolved? I have had burning thighs for several weeks. Recently the burning also started in my armpits and has spread down my arms.
How are you feeling?
I think you might be having sensory dysfunction of nerves.
This peripheral nerve pathology can be due to Diabetes, Prediabetes, Vitamin deficiency, and altered blood pressure status, any nutritional deficiency, and abnormal endocrine status, compression of nerve or impingement of nerve at time of exit from Vertebrae. You should be doing HbA1C, ESR, serum protein/immuno-electrophoresis, and vitamin B12, BUN, and creatinine levels.
Keep me informed if you have any queries.
Bye.
I had similar problems to KyleJustin...

Burning/stinging/hurting thighs, penis, anus. Later spread to burning knees, lower legs and feet. Also have some twitching of thigh muscles
Burning later started in armpits and arms.
Finally burning occured in mouth (very rarely)

I think that I have done all of the tests above. My creatine levels came back in the 700s and then decreased to the 200-300s.

There is one possibly related concern which the STD Forum Guys say is unrelated. I had a sexual encounter, 10 days later a rash on both thighs, then in a couple of weeks this started. I tested HSV1+ and HSV2- at 6 weeks. So did my partner.

Thoughts on what could be going on?
How are you feeling?
It is possible that your partner might have been infected; you can check it out with him. If possible you can request him to see a dermatologist along with you.
If required you can start taking medications like anti-biotic to take care of infection.
Bye.
I think that the symptoms are still there. There is no pain. Just sensations of cold and burning in various places including lower legs, thighs, buttocks, and penis. I was unable to keep an erection a few days ago. Yesterday, my penis went so numb that I could not find/feel it. I still have periodic but slight burning in my mouth. I also noticed that my groin and thighs are very sensitive to lotion that I used freely in the past.

I had another HSV test at 89 days. It came back HSV1+, HSV2-. I see a neurologist next week.
Did you find out the reason for this pain? I just got the exact same pain today and I can barely deal with it. Only thing to relieve me is a pain killer, but only for a few hours.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers