Burning/itchy area on butt cheeks and groin [not on actual genitals and...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Burning/itchy area on butt cheeks and groin [not on actual genitals and no visible rash] What could it be?

I was sitting at a desk yesterday and I started to notice quite a severe itch on both my butt cheeks. When I looked there was a small red patch on either side, and on the right side there was a really small red lump. Both went down within an hour after treating it. The treatment I used was I washing it and putting a standard rash cream on it and the itching stopped and I thought it had gone but then I woke up this morning with a burning sensation which was still mainly on my butt cheeks but further forward towards the opening of my vagina. I applied the same treatment and it feels fine there now, but the burning has moved back to where the itch origionally was, around my butt cheeks and the very top of my thighs. I have no visable rash but I keep thinking I feel small bumps around the affected areas. This is probably due to paranoia of getting herpes.

I caught a coldsore about 8 months back and since then I have had it only twice, but since I got it I have been incredibly paranoid of it spreading to my genitals. The reason I am so paranoid about it being herpes is that there is no way I could have come into contact with any other std as my boyfriend is the only person i've ever slept with and he had a full check just after we got into the relationship which was completly clear. On the two occasions I have actually had a visible sore we didn't kiss at all until after it had passed. He has shown no sign of infection. When I had the sore I washed my hands before and after I touched it, and also before going to the toilet. After all these precautions I know there is a very small chance of me getting genital herpes but I am scared that what I have now may be the beginning symptoms...

Does anyone have any ideas on what this might be?