Burning of Head of Penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Burning of Head of Penis

Im an 18 year old male, uncircumcised and i get an extreme burning/painful sensation on the lower head of the penis and also just below on the skin that is pulled back that i never used to get. It often appears more on the left side on the pulled back skin. With tiny red rash like dots on the head (not blisters). I have tried both Hydroval cream 0.2% and Triacomb cream 0.1%, they do help but only temporary. i find that the Hydroval dries the skin a little so i usually use the Triacomb. The problem, pain and redness increases greatly after sex and seem to be getting more painful each time. Although After not being sexual active for a week the redness would go away with the Triacomb it would always come back after not using the cream for a day or so. I also notice that the veins would stay quite large for up to a couple hours after intercourse and for the first little while it would feel like a pinching sensation close to where the penis connects to the body. What could this be??????  
I cannot confirm without examination but the symptoms that you are having can be due to balanitis of the penis or contact dermatitis .It is an inflammation of the glans (glands) penis. Oral course of antibiotics is needed. In addition please don’t use any cosmetics on the penis, instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin. Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. In case the symptoms persist then please consult a urologist/dermatologist for evaluation and antimicrobials and steroids prescription.

I hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.