Burning redness/dryness around lips
I am experiencing redness and soreness (burning) around my lips, although my lips themselves are not at all chapped. This occurs not every day, but approximately 3 times a week, I wake up and experience inflamed painful redness around my lips.  I do not lick my lips at all, so it cannot be from doing this.  I haven't changed my lipsticks at all either.  (or toothpaste)
I sometimes use Blistex (blue kind in small tub) overnight and it works, yet it continues to come back.  The rest of my skin is clear (no acne) and no other issues.
Do you have any ideas?  Could it be other related medical issues here?  (Anemic or something?)
Hi I too have redness and irritation under my lower lip that peals and causes me great discomfort.  I have been diagnosed with Lyme disease and wonder if that is the cause.  The one thing about this that is odd is this starts just before I menstrate and lasts until im finished then it takes about three days to clear up.  Does any of this coinside with  what your experiencing