Dermatology Community
Burning skin
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Burning skin

For the last two weeks I have been experiencing an uncomfortable burning feeling on the upper back of my legs and my buttocks.  I first thought that it was just dry skin and I have used a moisturing lotion and just the last two days started using ucerine cream.  The main issue is that I have to sit at a desk for the biggest part of the day and it is really uncomfortable.  The chair that I sit in is like a weaved chair -never bothered me till these last couple of weeks so I am not sure if the chair is making it worse or not. It also bothers me wearing any pants.  I have dress slacks that I wear to work and those bother me as do jeans.  The only thing that I have done different that I recall is, we have been doing some snowmobile riding but not for the last couple of weeks.  I have however recently  just has lasik surgery on my eyes and with that I have started taking Omega 3 Fish Oil Blend - to help add wetness to my eyes.  I would not thing that that would have anything to do with the buring sensation but I dont know.   Appreciate any sugguestions you can provide.