Burning/tingling on lips
This is the third or fourth time I've had this problem, but basically I get this burning/prickling sensation on my lips, or to be more precise, at the very edge of my lips and normal facial skin.  It's on both the upper lip and bottom lip, although worse on the bottom lip.

I've tried slathering chapstick/coldsore medication/moisturizer/neosporin on it (not all at once) and it doesn't seem to help.  I went to a walk-in clinic and they said they couldn't see anything, and they thought my lips were just chapped.  They did a herpes culture and it came out negative.

However, it takes weeks to heal, and that's with me slathering moisturizer on it (if I don't, my lips get really dried and chapped and a sort of crust forms along the edge of my lips).   Certain kinds of chapstick makes it sting unbearably.  

Oh and whenever this happens the edges of my lips get really dark - almost purple, compared to the rest of the skin.  I have no idea what this is, and I'm not sure if I should see a doctor (which kind of doctor too, since the doctors at the walk-in clinic didn't think it was anything), but it's really irritating and it's difficult to eat anything that cannot be cut into small pieces.  Sandwiches are painful, for instance.

If anyone can offer any suggestions or help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Oh and furthermore, I've only been sexually active with my husband, and he's never had a problem like this so it doesn't seem to be contagious.
Cyli:

I just had came down with the almost identical symptons about 10 days ago.  It's very frustrating.  My dermatologist gave me a cortisteroid ointment, which helped, but it came right back after the 5-7 days of using it.  I'm wondering if it could be anxiety or stress-induced?  Let me know if you find out anything.  I'm going to head back to the dermatologist, I suppose.