Burnt Finger nail, pls help!
I burned my finger 3 weeks ago with hot melted sugar. Some fell on my finger nails as well. The skin under my nail has turned hard and a bit yellowish color. The surrounding of my nail has turned hard as well. The burn hasnt cured yet. Im worried since its already been about 3 weeks and even though the burn seems to have dried out, it still hasnt fallen apart. Also worried about my hard skin under my nails..Your advice is much appreciated. Thank you very much!
The finger nails grow from a small area of special cells at the origen of the nail. Unfortunately, if these cells are destroyed the nail will not re-grow. From your symptoms it looks like superficial burn of the finger nail which should soon regrow.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.