Butt crack burn-like rash.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Butt crack burn-like rash.

I recently discovered a rash at the top of my butt crack...right between the cheeks.  I don't know how to explain it, but it looks like i have burns down there.  It's all red and irritated and there are a couple patches between my cheeks that look like permanent scars or something. Literally, the surface of these sores look like scar tissue after a burn.  But they don't feel like they burn.  I have noticed that they become pretty moist...even after i shower and dry myself about ten minutes later the rash/burns/scars are moist again...with a very light odour. It sometimes itches but very rarely, and it doesn't hurt to pee or anything.  I am sexually active, but i have only been with one man and he is clean...so i don't think it is an STI or STD or anything. I shower and keep myself clean every day, but i have no idea what it is.  Could it be from my butt cheeks rubbing together or something?  I'm pretty worried but i don't want to see a doctor.  Does anyone know what this irritated burn-like rash/scarring could be, and what i could use to cure it.

There could be several causes for the symptoms you are having. You should reconsult with your doctor to rule out the following possible causes -

'Perfumes, chemicals, or dye on toilet paper can cause an allergic reaction.

Moisture from sweat or diarrhea may cause itching. If the anal skin stays wet, the skin begins to break down.

Some foods irritate the anus when they are expelled during a bowel movement. The most common culprits are caffeine, chocolate, beer, nuts, dairy products, and spicy food.

Infections such as pinworms, yeast, and genital warts can cause itching.

Hemorrhoids, which cause painful swelling of blood vessels in the anal area, can cause itching.

Cancer, in rare instances, may be a cause.'

Therte are certain factors which predispose to the risk of developing anal itching as a symptom.

'Factors that put people most at risk for anal itching are as follows:

Diabetes

Recent antibiotic use

Chronic dry skin conditions such as psoriasis and seborrhea

Profuse sweating.'

Do discuss these with your doctor and exclude any possible causes in your case.

Post us if you need any further information and let us know about how you are doing.

Regards.

Ive got a butt burn too it hurts like **** How can i get rid of it Ive had a little Diarrhea today
use baby diaper rash cream because i had that exact thing happen to me
Check and see if you have hemorrhoids.  if you have hemorrhoids your body can create moisture or leak moisture that can create a yeast infection or fungus to grow in the area.  Treat the hemorrhoids and then you can win against the yeast.
Based on the location, you should also be checked for the possibility of a pilonidal cyst.  They always occur in the area of the coccyx.  The rash may be a breakdown of the skin due to something such as an ingrown hair. Do have a doctor check it out.