Butt crack is raw bleading and itches

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Butt crack is raw bleading and itches

I think my jock itch that I have not been able to get rid of spread to my butt.  It is raw, beading and when the skin is thin I seem to scratch it off.  This is causing a clear ooze not thick just watery that keeps the crack wet and harder to heal. I sleep with a paper towel between my cheeks and it helps but it itches so bad its never going to heal.  I put some of my daughters Bouddraux butt paste and that helps.  I have also tried monostat 7. It just is not getting better.  Any thoughts?  I have not gone see a doctor yet mainly due to no insurance.  It may come to that soon though.
  • grrrr... (1 replies):
    How can i prevent the wet of my uderarm with a broken sk...[more]
  • butt rash (2 replies):
    i have a rash like on my butt crack on both sides it hur...[more]
  • rash-itchy,sore and oozy (1 replies):
    hi, I don't know if this could be just a simple rash or...[more]
  • rash (2 replies):
    I have a rash in my inner legs, is red and itch after I ...[more]
  • under arm rash (1 replies):
    i have had this rash under both under arms red itchy sk...[more]
It can be due to intertrigo skin. It is basically a rash in body folds. An intertrigo usually appears red and raw-looking, and may also itch, ooze, and be sore.

Please keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Topical zinc oxide cream like Sudocrem, Desitin are very helpful (apply with a paper towel and not directly with hands).Application of mild steroid cream like dermacort also helps. For the itching please take some over the counter antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin. In case the symptoms persist then antifungals may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. Treatment can be started only when the diagnosis is confirmed. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.