Butt crack rash? Bug bite? Herpes?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Butt crack rash? Bug bite? Herpes?

I'm very concerned about STDs, and I worry about it constantly. I down my back earlier today and realized I had a painful spot in my butt crack. When I looked, the whole area was red. Again, JUST in the crack. And it doesn't go very far down. The redness stops altogether about an inch and a half before my anus. The only painful part is not discolored at all. I put some neosporn on it and it seems to be a helping a bit? There are no bumps and the redness is completely in the beginning of the crack. Does this sound like it could be the start of a herpes outbreak? I have never had anal sex or even let anyone near that area. And I thought recurrent herpes only effected one side or the other? I don't get rashes ever so I don't know if that's what this could be. Someone please help me and tell me that this is something other than herpes. It doesn't itch and there are no bumps, just redness and some pain in one spot, which has no discoloration or sore. PLEASE help.What could have caused this?
Oh! And I probably should have mentioned that I haven't been wearing underwear lately. Mostly, I wear shorts, either cotton or rarely jean. Also, under further examination, the part that hurts is a tiny, tiny slit directly at the top of my buttcrack. What could cause this? Could this be herpes? Please help.
It is almost directly located over the tailbone location
Has anyone experienced this? My dad insists this is normal, but I'm worried. PLEASE help.
This could be due to anal fissure. An anal fissure is a split in the anal skin and it feels like being cut with glass when you have your bowels open and afterwards. In that case, take warm sitz baths , smear some painkilling gel around the area  and avoid constipation. If the symptoms persist then glyceryl trinitrate ointment, Botox injections and surgery can be tried.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers