Butt sores

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Butt sores

I am a 23 year old female. I have been developing these very painful to the touch sores on my butt and around that area. They are very painful and full of puss. They get quite large. I was wondering if you can tell me what this may be.
Avatar n tn
They are probably boils.  Put a hot compress on them and bring them to a head...they need to drain to heal.
The above comments are fair enough,but an antibioic creme like mupurocin will help further.
Avatar n tn
Thank you very much for your advice! Will this Mupurocin creme get read of them forever? If not, What can i do to stop them from coming back? After i drain them, they always come back, somtimes not in the same spot.
A course of iron as suppliment has helped me to recommend in practice to prevent recurrences.
Avatar n tn
Is Mupurocin an over-the-counter creme or do you need a prescription?