Buttock bumps.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Buttock bumps.

For the past year or two, I have been getting, what I believe to be, pimples, on my buttocks. Not in large concentration, maybe 2-4 at any one time; but they're kind of big, and they can hurt. They are a problem, but I'm mostly here to talk about one in-particular. I have one on my right buttock, it feels very big, and it is very painful. From what I've seen of cysts, it doesn't look or feel like one, more like a big pimple. It has been there for about 4 or 5 days, and it was getting very painful (as I attend a night school, in which I have to sit in the same plastic chair for 5 hours a day, without getting up), I actually have to try and sit on my left side more just to alleviate some of the pain. After an hour of deliberation of whether I should try and pop it, because I didn't know if I had to get whatever was in it, out, to make it go away faster, I popped it, but only puss came out; then blood started to come out, but only a very little of both. That was last night, and it still hurts right now, just as much. Sitting for as long as I have to each day is getting very hard with this on my hind-end.

I have a picture of it, with my unnecessaries blurred out well, if that would help anyone.
Your symptoms are suggestive of boils. Boil is usually due to plugged sweat glands that become infected or by an ingrown hair.

Apply warm compresses on the boil and keep the area clean and apply some antibiotics. Drainage of the boil is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription. If there are recurrent boils, then please get your blood sugar levels estimated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.