Buttocks possible rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Buttocks possible rash

Hello, a few days ago I saw that my inner buttocks are red-brown and I dont know if its a rash, a fungal infection or just the natural color (I never looked there before). It doesnt itch or hurt and it doesnt smell bad, In the morning is less visible (thats weird).
Here is a picture so you can have an idea
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/ib1v.jpg/

thanks
These symptoms can be due to erythrasma. The typical appearance is well-demarcated, brown-red macular patches. The skin has a wrinkled appearance with fine scales.

It has to be differentiated from contact dermatitis,psoriasis,sweat dermatitis and fungal infections which may mimic it.Wood lamp examination and gram staining are the tests for its diagnosis.

So nothing can be confirmed without examination.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

thanks for your anwser

The skin is totally normal, there is no wrinkled appearance or scales, and seems to be less visible on morning.