CIGARETTE BURN - REALLY HURTS!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

CIGARETTE BURN - REALLY HURTS!

Hi my name is Carson, I'm a 21 year old caucasian male.

About two hours ago I burned myself with a cigarette, in between my middle & index finger on my left hand. The primary burn mark is on the left inner part of my index finger. It really hurts! Right after the incident happened I put ICE on it for approx. 40 minutes, and then I put some NEOSPORIN creme on it; however it still really hurts! It stings, burns and hurts all in one. The mark is white, kind of looks like a square.
Is there anything else I should do about this? The pain is a 6/10.

Thanks! I appreciate the help!
- Carson S.
STOP SMOKING
This can be due to first of second degree burns. Most superficial burns heal within about two weeks and don't usually leave a scarf. For these kind of burns; you can apply antibiotic cream such as silver sulfadiazine (Silvadene) or Neosporin. It will prevent infection and help in fast healing.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.