Dermatology Community
CIGARETTE BURN - REALLY HURTS!
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

CIGARETTE BURN - REALLY HURTS!

Hi my name is Carson, I'm a 21 year old caucasian male.

About two hours ago I burned myself with a cigarette, in between my middle & index finger on my left hand. The primary burn mark is on the left inner part of my index finger. It really hurts! Right after the incident happened I put ICE on it for approx. 40 minutes, and then I put some NEOSPORIN creme on it; however it still really hurts! It stings, burns and hurts all in one. The mark is white, kind of looks like a square.
Is there anything else I should do about this? The pain is a 6/10.

Thanks! I appreciate the help!
- Carson S.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
STOP SMOKING
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
This can be due to first of second degree burns. Most superficial burns heal within about two weeks and don't usually leave a scarf. For these kind of burns; you can apply antibiotic cream such as silver sulfadiazine (Silvadene) or Neosporin. It will prevent infection and help in fast healing.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank