CO2 Laser Facial Mole Removal

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

CO2 Laser Facial Mole Removal

Hi, please help

I have a flat brown mole on my cheek and have had it since birth, its about a centimeter wide. I had it removed with a CO2 laser but when the scab fell off it was still there. It has only been about a week so could the mole still go away somehow in a couple days (should more skin flake off), or was the treatment unsuccessfull. If it is unsuccessfull what options do I have to permanently remove this mole.
It is not uncommon for the moles to regrow even after removal. There are many procedures of mole removal like by shave or deep elliptical excision, excision with cauterization (a tool is used to burn away the mole) and laser removal. Your dermatologist may choose excision with or without stitches, depending on the depth of the mole and the type of cosmetic outcome desired. You are usually given local anesthesia before excision and pain killers after these techniques. It may result in scarring esp excision and cautery.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.