COLD SORE HELP, Is slight pink mark contagious still....

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Okay so about a week ago I got a very tiny cold sore, which I took antivirals & used abreva 5-10x a day.  The scab has been gone for about 3-4 days now. Although since the cold sore was a bit above my lip.  It left the skin a tinge of pink, barely noticeable.  Although I am very OCD when it comes to HSV1.  I'm so worried I am still very infectious.  Can I kiss my husband again because he is getting a little impatient & thinks its all in my head since the scab has been healed for days now.  I'm afraid to put makeup on it & transfer it to my makeup.  I won't touch the ends of my ciggarettes, or if food falls I will lysol everything or change my clothes constantly. I don't even let my hair touch the area. It is extremely debilitating.  Can I touch my lips again/ go back to regular life?  I assume its just fresh healed skin/ a slight scar(Sensitive skin) & thats why it is slightly pink.  But my OCD tells me nooo you still infectious.  Please Help!?
Herpes simplex infections esp HSV 1 is contagious. The virus is spread from person to person by kissing or other close contact with sores or even from contact with apparently normal skin that is shedding the virus. Infected saliva is also a means of transmitting the virus.

Although the risk of transmission is greatest when you have active sores but it can also be transmitted when there are no active sores. So even if a person does not have a sore, risk of transmission is there.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.