Can Warts Spread by Touch?!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Can Warts Spread by Touch?!

Greetings,

I have a serious question pertaining to some recent activity going on with my skin. I recently had a growth removed on my chin, the doctor said it was a wart and burnt it off. I usually have a 5 o'clock shadow and keep trimmed to that length, so I normally don't see small things like these. Well I had to shave my face for an interview about 2 weeks after that appointment and noticed that I had like 5 to 6 of these little wart things growing again around my chin area. It spread from 1 to several. Consequently, I freaked out and went back to my doctor who recommended me to a dermatologist. He confirmed they were warts, blasted them with freeze and then gave me some cream to put on it, the creame was called Tazorac.

He said that they can spread with a razor and that I should hold off on a straight edge razor and use a battery operated one. He asked if I had warts anywhere else I said no.

Well I went back home was taking a shower that evening and noticed a bump on my penis. I do shave around my gential (genital) area and I feel like I spread something from my face to my gentials. So now I'm extrememly worried. I did some research and all I can get is stuff concerning HPV and Genital Warts. I havn't had sex in about 8 months. So did I spread something from my face to my penis and what seems to be the problem?! Why all of a sudden are warts growing on my chin.

Please Help

The warts on the skin and hands are called verucca vulgaris (common warts.) HPV types 6 and 11 cause about 90% of genital warts cases and the strain of HPV virus causing body warts are different.This bump on penis can be folliculitis,cyst or an infected gland.

Warts are tumours or growths of the skin caused by infection with Human Papillomavirus (HPV).They are contagious when in contact with the skin of an infected person. It is also possible to get warts from using towels or other objects used by an infected person.So you can get them from any infected person.

I hope it helps.Take care and regards.

Thank you for your response I do believe now it could be Folliculitis, a cyst, or an infected gland, all pictures I see on the internet kind of resembles whats on my penis, it could be 1 of the 3, I'm not sure, I think I'm just going to monitor it see what happens over next couple of weeks.

Secondly in regards to HPV, how long do you usually see symptoms if you do come in contact with an infected individual? I feel I don't have HPV, or at least the type that causes warts on your penis.