Dermatology Expert Forum
Can obagi blue peel help?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Can obagi blue peel help?

I am a female in my twenties with dark brown skin.i am not overweight.i have excessive pigmentation on my rear end and top half of my thighs and also very dark underarms.i have tried using hydroquinone and glycolic acid creams(prescription strength) and have used them for up to 3 months without seeing any improvement.
i was wondering if the obagi blue peel would eliminate this condition.Can it be used on the above mentioned parts of the body too?
also how much does it approximately cost to get the procedure done?
I thank you in advance for your time and for answering my question.
Pigmentation in the areas you describe is hard to treat.  I'm not sure that the Obagi peel would help much, though it's possible that a few in a series might.  Each might cost several hundred dollars.  The procedure is safe.  To be frank, I have no other suggestions.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
I am 18 now and have suffered with acne since I was 14.  I still have it and although it is not very severe I am worried about scarring.  I can feel a slight depression on the right side of my cheek and in the depression is an even smaller pit.  Do I need to get a peel to get rid of this, or is it too early to tell if it is a scar?  I just noticed the depression about a month ago and there still seems to be a depression there.  Will this get better over time or will I need to get a chemical peel to smoothen out the skin?  I am very concerned about getting rid of this depression because it is the only irregularity or scar on my face and it if highly noticeable upon viewing my face at certain angles.  I have been really insecure about it and just want to smoothen it out so it is not noticeable.  But if I used a chemical peel as others have suggested will it remove layers of my skin, making my face look thinner?  Please Help.  Thanks!
I have dark underams, please suggest me how to remove it.
I have an acne problem and was wondering if getting the blue peel will help to get rid of this acne that I have.  I was also wondering the  cost to get this procedure done.