Can petechiae fade?
When I put slight pressure on my left arm, what seems to be petechiae appear - but they blanch when I press on them, and they go away when I relieve pressure on my arm. Not a lot of pressure, either, just resting it while typing seems to do it. I have a ganglion cyst on my wrist that is very small and hasn't caused any issues, and for the past 2 days I have had a burning sensation on one specific spot on that wrist that is unrelated to the cyst.
Could these be petechiae even if they fade when pressed on? I had a normal CBC and iron test a month ago, I am 28 years old with no health problems. Thanks :)
From the symptoms they can be petechaie. They are pinpoint-sized red dots under the surface of the skin. They are common after skin trauma and viral infections and usually blanch with pressure but they don’t go away completely. They should go away in a few days. But if they persist then please consult a physician and get other causes ruled out which include allergic reaction, autoimmune diseases, thrombocytopenia, ITP or leukemias.

My sincere advice is to get it examined from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.